Denis O'Hare (born January 16, 1962) is an American actor who portrays Larry Harvey in the first season of American Horror Story, Spalding in the third season, Stanley in the fourth season and Liz Taylor in the fifth season. In Season 6 he appears as Elias Cunningham & William van Henderson. He also appears in the seventh season as Franz Hoffmann.
Denis Patrick Seamus O'Hare was born on January 17th, 1962 in Kansas City, Missouri, USA. As a teenager, he was in his school's choir and in 1974 he went to his first audition, gaining a chorus part in a community theater production of Show Boat. In 1980 he left Detroit for Chicago to study theater at Northwestern University. He has become a renown theater actor and has received several awards for his work.
He has appeared as a guest star on several episodes of Law & Order and its spin-offs. In 2008, he appeared as a guest star on several episodes of Brothers & Sisters. In 2010, O'Hare joined the cast of HBO's True Blood in its third season as Russell Edgington, the 2,800 year old vampire king of Mississippi. Recently he has appeared in a recurring role as Judge Charles Abernathy on the television drama series The Good Wife.
His feature film credits include The Anniversary Party, 21 Grams, Garden State, Derailed, Michael Clayton, A Mighty Heart, Half Nelson, Milk, Edge of Darkness, Charlie Wilson's War and Changeling.
- He is credited with the honorary "with" in season one.
- Spent twelve years as a stage actor in Chicago before moving to New York.
- Holds an Irish passport.
- Married his husband, Hugo Redwood, on July 28th in New York.
- He came out as gay while still in high school.
- During American Horror Story: Coven, Denis O'Hare remained in character while on set refusing to speak to anyone, he had to rely on gestures when being directed.